Friday, September 4, 2015

Are You Drinking Enough Water Everyday?

Happy Friday,

I am on a journey to get my life back! I want to be healthy and fit again, like I was before I had my three children. I know a big part of that is to make sure I eat right, exercise and drink plenty of water. We have to stay hydrated so that our bodies will continue to work, right?

Here are a few ways I make sure I'm getting at least 64 ounces of water a day:





  1. When I wake up in the morning I have my cup of coffee first. I then eat breakfast and try to drink 16 ounces of water with my breakfast.
  2. Some time mid morning, I look and see where my first glass of water is. If it is empty, I pour another one immediately. If it is not empty, I drink it down at that moment. I then pour another glass. So, mid morning no matter what I should be on my second 16 ounce glass.
  3. At this moment, I've drank two 16 ounce glasses of water. I pour my third one and drink some here and there and when it's lunch time, I drink this glass of water while I'm eating. 
  4. I drink my fourth 16 ounce glass of water with my dinner. 

I TRY to stick the this schedule everyday. If I don't, I won't reach my goal of at least 64 ounces of water. I have noticed a difference in my weight loss depending on the amount of water I've been consuming. I'm down 24.5 lbs since May! I've very happy with these results. 

I don't attribute my weight loss solely to water. I believe it has played a big part of it though. According to webmd, drinking water may or may not help with increasing our metabolic rate. Basically,  it hasn't been proven through research whether drinking water increases the rate in which we burn calories, but drinking water may help you feel fuller causing you to eat less and I'm okay with that!

So, the real reason I drink water is because I would rather eat my calories than drink them!! Who's with me? Hahaha! Either way I believe drinking water has assisted me in my weight loss journey.

Please like, share and comment!


Tamala

Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss any posts! 





No comments:

Post a Comment