Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Monday Menu Motivation (On Wednesday)

Happy First day of Fall!!

I know it's Wednesday and I'm a little late sharing, but I want to share this week's menu with you. I want to give you just a little motivation for your next week's menu or even a future menu. As I previously stated, I make meal plans once a month and grocery shop from my meals. I'll get into that a little deeper with Monday's post: Monday Menu Motivation. Click here and here for previous menus.

For menu planning tips continue to read...



Monday: Parmesan Chicken Manicotti (found on my Pinterest board here)
Tuesday: (Taco Tuesday) Tacos and Homemade Salsa
Wednesday: Italian Marinaded Chicken, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes
Thursday: Hamburgers Fries and Corn
Friday: Open/leftovers
Saturday: Open/leftovers
Sunday: Beef Stew with Corn Bread

I post my menu weekly to give you guys ideas. I want you to see how easy and manageable it is to menu plan. It allows you to look ahead and plan accordingly. You will be able to see what is on your calendar and plan easy meals to feed you and your family
.
For instance, if there is basketball one night and you know you're going to get home late, that evening, DON'T stop for fast food!! Skip McDonald's this time! You have already planned for this and your Crockpot chili will be waiting for you when you get home. All you have to do is get home and fix the bowls of chili. It's healthier and you didn't have to slave for hours in the kitchen to make the chili. You could even mix all of the ingredients together the night before and throw it in the Crockpot in the morning. No fuss no mess!

*Tip:
Speaking of chili, it's a good freezer meal, too! I have made a double batch of chili and when we're done eating, I'll freeze the rest. Next time, you want chili, just defrost it in the refrigerator and throw it in the Crockpot the next morning! Easy Peasy!

I have had several instances where menu planning has helped me and saved our lives! I'll share more tips in every menu planning post, look for Monday Menu Motivation posts!

What are some tips and secrets you have that you'd like to share? What is on your meal plan for the week? Share yours below and any recipe recommendations.

Missed my first recipe post? Click here now!



I'm on twitter: @tamalatoday!! Follow me.

Share this using the buttons below!

2 comments:

  1. I am in the same boat as you, kids with activities in the evenings means lots of Crockpot meals. I just did my menu plan yesterday, I started doing my menu plan and gricery shopping on friday so we had food over the weekend. Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday linkup. Pinned to our linkup board and hope you join us again this weekend. The new linkup starts at 8pm EST tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Menu planning has helped us so much. It definitely cuts down on fast food runs and eating out!

    Thank you, Tanya! I'll link up again for sure!

    ReplyDelete